Our History and Name
Trusted for Academic Excellence Since 1906
For over a century, Calvert has supported learning outside of traditional classroom settings and experiences. We love making a big difference for so many educators and families, and always have.
- Calvert pioneered its curriculum and unique approach to education in 1906. Students who have learned with Calvert include Supreme Court justices, Pulitzer prize winners and thousands of (less famous) people who have gained critical thinking skills essential for life.
- In recent years, we applied decades of experience and developed solutions for schools specifically for young learners in virtual and blended learning environments. We also expanded capabilities for international schools. Supporting educators with curriculum, tools and services is now our total focus. Hundreds of schools around the world trust Calvert.
- In July 2019, we joined Edmentum bringing together Calvert’s blended and virtual learning solutions with Edmentum’s award-winning courseware, to provide schools and districts across the country high-quality, standards-aligned K-12 digital curriculum delivered by state-certified educators.
- Our curriculum is no longer offered directly to families who pay privately, but is available to students enrolled with one of our school partners. Families who want the extraordinary Calvert experience can get it tuition-free through schools and districts using our curriculum. To find a participating school near you, call 1-800-447-5286.
Same excellence, a new name: Calvert Learning (formerly Calvert Education).
Known as Calvert Education for decades, we’ve changed our name to Calvert Learning to reflect our exclusive focus on schools (and their students).
Why Calvert Learning?
- Learning is student-centric. We’re obsessed with student success (and supporting teachers and families who make it happen).
- Learning refers to our engaging approach with active, project-based instruction.
- Learning is an ongoing process, and our curriculum develops skills that last a lifetime.
- Learning is an outcome. We’re focused on delivering positive outcomes for students..
Though our name has changed, our commitment to excellence remains the same. We continue to build on the legacy that began over a century ago.